St. Francis of Assisi’s Feast Day Mass and
The St. Francis’ Awards for Outstanding Parishioners of SSAP
The eucharistic celebration of the feast of St. Francis of Assisi was held in Santuario de San Antonio on October 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM. Main presider was His Excellency, Most Rev. Socrates B. Villegas, D.D., Archbishop of Lingayen-Dagupan with concelebrants, Fr. Joel Sulse, OFM and Fr. Reu Galoy, OFM. The members of OFS were in full attendance.
After the mass, The St. Francis’ Awards for Outstanding Parishioners of SSAP were given. Each awardee received a medal and a plaque of appreciation. The plaques read in part; “For her/his exemplary commitment, dedication to christian ideals, selfless generosity, responsible stewardship, guided with the values of St.Francis…..”
The awardees are:
1. Aurora B. Villanueva, Lulu C. Goquingco and Rose L. Avanceña posthumous) – For their untiring service in the Altar Ministry since the time of Fr. Hugh in the 1980s. They have been in charge, and continue to be so, of physical arrangements in the church, including plants, special liturgical banners, altar linens and flowers.
2. Carmelita A.S. Ascalon – For being in the the Finance Council since the 1980s
3. Amelita D. Guevara – In 1962, the Coro de San Antonio, under Amelita Guevara as musical director, began singing in church as a yearly christmas choir. Starting in 1975, it sang also during Easter and the Feast of St. Anthony. From the time of Fr. Hugh Zurat in the 1980s until today, it has provided music every Sunday at the 6:00 PM mass as well as all the major liturgical feasts of the Church Year and other special occasions.
4. Grace M. Padilla – For her role in the Secular Franciscan Order since 1976 and the Contemplative Ministry since the 1980s
5. Isabel A. Abella – For her active participation in the Music Ministry and the Liturgical Ministry since the 1980s
6. Elfrida R. Maramba – For providing the Communication Ministry through the Parish Bulletin, since the 1980s, with her regular column, Random Thoughts
7. Ester M. Cumagun – For her active participation in the Music Ministry, being organist in many masses, since the 1980s
8. Andrew L. Huang – For his active participation in the music Ministry since 1984, as regular pianist and singer for the Saturday 6:00 PM mass
9. Jose Luis R. Gomez – For reviving and now continuing the activities of LUKE 18, Antioch and SYA Weekends.
To all these ladies and gentlemen, the parish salutes you for your unselfish and untiring dedication to the CHURCH. GOD BLESS!