Last 15 April 2015, our parish kicked-off the 40th Anniversary Declaration as a parish of Santuario De San Antonio with a community gathering at the quadrangle after the 6PM mass where parishioners get together with drinks and food booths. Also, our parish priest Fr. Reu Galoy introduced the 40th anniversary prayer and the new logo.
The original Santuario De San Antonio was located in the walled city of Intramuros, Manila but was destroyed during WWII. The Ayala family thereafter donated the current parcel of land to the Franciscans and in 1953 the church was built. But it was only on April 16, 1975 that the Archdiocese declared the church as a parish. The importance of the aforesaid is that all the sacraments can be celebrated as defined by the juridical boundaries.
Anniversary activities for the year includes the Manila Symphony Concert on June 11, 2015 with Vocalismo, the installation of the relic of St. Anthony on June 13, 2015 and Fund Raising projects for the continuity of the outreach programs for our less fortunate brothers and sisters.
We would like to thank the following parishioners for giving their time for the sharing interview: past PPC Presidents – Manny Dizon, Petrona Lim, Joey Soriano, Randy Limjoco and wife Cecile. Jose Mari and Mary Ann Chan, Jolly Gomez, Rocky Chan, Ria Campos, Mimi Morelos, and PPC Vice President Edmund Lim. Further, we would like to thank food booths: Aling Nene’s by the Secular Franciscan Order, Melo’s Steak House (7712288), Koyen Dela Cerna’s Paella (0917.814.6124), and SSAP Single Young Adults (SYA) drinks and dessert booths. Special mention to Janine Puno for the logo design, VT Roman for the photos, Robert Espiritu, Alli Raval, Jonathan Cruz and Pisha Banaag for assisting in organizing the event.